How to Make a Quest Passport Book
A Quest Passport book is a journal to keep track of your Questing. Fill it with field notes, drawings - and the stamp imprints of all your completed Quests!
Complete 20 Quests and send us a copy of your stamps and you will earn a beautiful patch and certificate! If you send us a copy of the stamps from 50 quests we will reward you with a Valley Quest Cap.
- Materials needed:
- 1 piece of boxboard (old cereal box)
- 5 sheets of copy paper
- 1 sheet of colored construction paper
- 1 piece of cloth (11.5" x 8")
- glue stick
- Fold five sheets of white copy paper in half. Cut on fold.
- Stack halves together and fold in half again. Set aside. These are your pages.
- Cut an old cereal box (or other piece of boxboard) into a rectangle 9.5" x 6.5".
- Fold cardboard in half. Cut in half, following along the crease.
- Cut cloth into a rectangle 11.5" x 8".
- Coat one side of both pieces of cardboard completely with gluestick. Press "glue sides" down on cloth, centered, with a half-inch space between the two pieces. Be sure there is at least a half-inch of cloth beyond the edges of the cardboard in each direction.
- Fold in four corners of cloth (triangles), secure with glue.
- Fold down four sides of excess cloth (long rectangles) and secure with glue.
- Cut construction paper into rectangle 6" x 9". Cover one side of construction paper completely with gluestick.
- Press construction paper "gluestick side down" onto the cardboard to cover and secure excess cloth. Fold in half. Your cover is now complete.
- Nest your pages inside the cover, center and secure with stapler. (You can also bind with needle and thread.) Your book is finished!
"Great way to turn kids on to places in their community."
Complete 20 Quests and you will earn a beautiful patch and certificate! 50 stamps will earn you a Valley Quest baseball cap.